Merchandise booth!

This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I made this booth for my band – All Hail the Crimson King- We played at Wasteland Weekend last year and there’s rumors of a return to this years event… so I had to step up our Merch Booth. Can’t sell post-apocarock music from a boring old card table!

62468_10152640376955181_2145539235_n.jpg

577432_10151820413574676_1914701436_n.jpg

Anonymous

Dude!

I would totally layer hundreds of stickers of all kinds, then tea stain the surface unevenly, coat in urethane!

Looks great as is, but that image hit my brain pan when I saw it!

Anonymous

I know! I have so many different ideas. Need to make it look more rusty for one… Going to add a lamp to it (since we mostly play in dark clubs).. still gotta do some simple doors. Can’t wait to finish it.

Found out last night that the casters I bought are too cheap – they’re not enjoying the weight of it. Gotta run out and get some bulkier casters.

Anonymous

Looks awesome!

Anonymous

great work!!!!!

Anonymous
    TimIsTerrible wrote:
    I know! I have so many different ideas. Need to make it look more rusty for one… Going to add a lamp to it (since we mostly play in dark clubs).. still gotta do some simple doors. Can’t wait to finish it.

Found out last night that the casters I bought are too cheap – they’re not enjoying the weight of it. Gotta run out and get some bulkier casters.

Due to the location of intent maybe larger tires would be better?

Like these perhaps?

41CMpkLGIiL.jpg

Fat_Boy.jpg

Anonymous

It could literally stop traffic!

Anonymous

Badass, dude. Hope to see you guys there again this year!

Anonymous

The return of AHTCK better be more than a rumor. Or I will complain… more than once.

BTW – There’s only one of your songs on Rhapsody and that needs to change.

Oh – and I’d suggest that the best way to make it look rusty is to make it rust. Or coat it with something that will. Especially along the bottom edge and the corners where rust would develop.

Anonymous

Rust is a good point, if you want to make some easily.

Iron Fillings + Salt (I use Sea or Kosher salt) + Hydrogen Peroxide.

Mix those together and while its cooking score up the metal you want to rust and then brush it on. I suggest hitting it with a clear coat paint after.

Anonymous

Or… bring it here to Oregon and leave it outside for a few days… especially this time of year.

Anonymous

Cowboy, that is why I do not live in places of creeping rust and moss and mold.

I wonder if a fake model of that booth could be made from lighter materials that are easy to take apart and pout back together (thinking of game conventions, that would be a great display booth).

Anonymous

Thanks everyone! I’ll post some images of it soon now that it has a door/sign/lights/etc. I’m super excited to put it in action tomorrow night at our show here in Lancaster, CA.

Fred wrote:
    I wonder if a fake model of that booth could be made from lighter materials that are easy to take apart and pout back together (thinking of game conventions, that would be a great display booth).

Actually, I made it so it would specifically fit into our trailer. I put bigger casters on it for better portability. We’re going to set it up right in front of our trailer at WW this year so it doesn’t have to go too far. We’ll see what the set-up time is for this beast tomorrow night haha…

cowboy wrote:
    The return of AHTCK better be more than a rumor. Or I will complain… more than once.

BTW – There’s only one of your songs on Rhapsody and that needs to change.

Hahaha… you won’t be disappointed. Promise ;)
    Only one song on Rhapsody? Be sure and do a search for “All Hail The Crimson King” and not just “AHTCK” – you should find ALL of our music up there!

Anonymous

that is a good looking counter

Anonymous

See? It’s true!

Rhapsody fail…

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-57Cgf9mVP3o/UVCHVeQUv1I/AAAAAAAAJEU/nbKjgUu9Ze4/s1293/AHTCK.JPG[/img]

Anonymous

I merch girl’d the booth on saturday and it is sooooo nice!

Anonymous
    Atomic Ray wrote:
    TimIsTerrible wrote:

Due to the location of intent maybe larger tires would be better?

Like these perhaps?

41CMpkLGIiL.jpg

Fat_Boy.jpg

the sand out there really isn’t that “beachy” and its not meant to be a mobile booth. and, as soon as the once a year event is over, you’re dealing with giant tires to simply wheel it from the parking lot to the club.

Anonymous

It would probably make a pretty nifty PA wedding altar too…

Anonymous
    cowboy wrote:
    See? It’s true!

Rhapsody fail…

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-57Cgf9mVP3o/UVCHVeQUv1I/AAAAAAAAJEU/nbKjgUu9Ze4/s1293/AHTCK.JPG[/img]

SHIT! Sorry man, just checked it out – I’m trying to figure out what happened. The company we distribute with is being super weird and wonky – they took us off a BUNCH of stuff… now they want extra money from us to put us back on Rhapsody and about 5 or 6 other sites. Hmmm…

For now, go ahead and download ALL of our tracks, for free, from our bandcamp site; http://www.ahtck.bandcamp.com
    It’s a “name your own price” thing so feel free to pay $0 or throw some pocket change at us… new single is up there too! Sorry about that dude!

-T

Anonymous

Hey guys! We unveiled the beast at a local show here in Lancaster a few nights ago – It’s kind of true what they say:

Your display is just as important as any other aspect of merchandise and customer interaction.

We made more money that night at one show than we have in the last year hahaha… Okay, well, to be fair – we haven’t played many local shows lately. Anywho – here she is – finished, new wheels and ready to go. It was definitely a freaking hit. Come by AHTCK Squad this year to kick the beast for yourself.

IMG_3670-Copy_zps26e9c1cf.jpg
    IMG_3671-Copy_zps02cb063f.jpg
    IMG_3673-Copy_zpsecd83d2e.jpg
    IMG_3677-Copy_zpsc41c6a14.jpg

Anonymous

Well done! And thanks for the message earlier about your bandcamp page – I didn’t even know it existed.

Anonymous

Ok my friend…I have a thought that will make the signage that more sweet.

Cut out the letters, place a thin sheet of plexiglass behind the cutout, tint the plexi with red dye or thin thin coat of plastic paint, install a $12 shop light against the back of the cutout and plexi at a 45* angle (this will light your signage and provide overhead light without spotlighting issues)

842674060016lg.jpg

Less glare, warm color, and you could drill a handful of hole for added light dots :)

Anonymous
    Atomic Ray wrote:
    Ok my friend…I have a thought that will make the signage that more sweet.

Cut out the letters, place a thin sheet of plexiglass behind the cutout, tint the plexi with red dye or thin thin coat of plastic paint, install a $12 shop light against the back of the cutout and plexi at a 45* angle (this will light your signage and provide overhead light without spotlighting issues)

Less glare, warm color, and you could drill a handful of hole for added light dots :)

Duuuuude…….

That’s awesome. I’ll have to run it by the guys – We all pitched in for this and I went WAAAAAAAAY over budget hahaha…. I might be able to scrounge up some change to make the upgrade to something like this… Eff yeah!

Anonymous

Real cheap…Lowe’s or Home Depot…$10-$20 for the light if someone does not have one to donate.

Utilitech 48-in Fluorescent Shop Light

822985510004lg.jpg

Item #: 420865 | Model #: MXL-101

$11.98

http://www.lowes.com/pd_420865-43921-MXL-101_0__?productId=4013481&Ntt=shop+light&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dshop%2Blight&facetInfo=

Anonymous
    cowboy wrote:
    Well done! And thanks for the message earlier about your bandcamp page – I didn’t even know it existed.

Of course, bud!

Anonymous
    Atomic Ray wrote:
    Real cheap…Lowe’s or Home Depot…$10-$20 for the light if someone does not have one to donate.

Utilitech 48-in Fluorescent Shop Light

822985510004lg.jpg

Item #: 420865 | Model #: MXL-101

$11.98

http://www.lowes.com/pd_420865-43921-MXL-101_0__?productId=4013481&Ntt=shop+light&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dshop%2Blight&facetInfo=

Nice!!! Hmmm… Definitely going to have to look into this…

Anonymous

That would be awesome to put blacklights in… you know… to check people for radiation…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.