Topic: Four Horsemen

I am working on four costumes at the moment, they are based on the idea of the Four Horsemen of the apocalypse.
I've got Conquest and War to cover, my business partner is building Pestilence and Death.
Not biblically accurate I know, but there are different versions.
The costumes are to obviously be post apocalyptic, but also very striking, so although they will have real armour value, they won't be entirely practical. Here's what I've got for Conquest so far-
http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w336/enforcerpig/166972_368796876464416_128902323787207_1449965_434494390_n.jpg
http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w336/enforcerpig/395942_368796776464426_128902323787207_1449964_427318113_n.jpg
http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w336/enforcerpig/431157_368796929797744_128902323787207_1449966_583999634_n.jpg
http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w336/enforcerpig/421032_368796713131099_128902323787207_1449963_1030851971_n.jpg

Business name- FALLOUT 6 BAZAAR  find us on facebook!

Re: Four Horsemen

Dude, very awesome, can't wait to see these progress.

Wait, I thought it was Famine, War, Pest, Death? Not that I've actually read the bible or anything...

The first three aren't named in the bible, but the descriptions lend themselves to Conquest (white horse), War (red horse) and Famine (black horse). The rider of the fourth (pale or green) horse is named as Death.

Pestilence is commonly named in modern cultural references but I don't really know where it's from.

Wasteland Communication Corporation - Providing short and long range communication services across the wasteland
"Civilization Starts with Communication"

Swede is right about the original version. Pestilence later replaced conquest, as it was too similar to war, and famine also became known as plague. In metallica's song, "Four horsemen", death gets replaced with "time".
So I think i'll get away with it

I think a series of books came out that used Pestilence and not Conquest so might be why it is the more common name, at least that I hear in the States. I vaguely recall reading a review on them.

And you'll get away with it because it looks awesome, I was generally curious and not trying to call ya out haha I just hear different names all the time and was wondering why. Might have to youtube that Metallica song though, don't think I've heard that one.

I really do dig that harness you made

Thanks, it was originally made for a costume i called "road pig" but i've decided to revamp it with brass shotgun end caps and other stuff

DUDE, That helm is SICK. It does look like it will be a little hard to wear but still looks awesome I cant wait to see more big_smile needs an unnecessarily large weapon....

I agree. Was thinking something along the lines of a Falcata... or something equally badass

Dude That's gnarly! Definitely an attention getter

DUNGEON CRAWLERS, TRIBE LEADER

He gathered his courage and off he went, imbued with the wisdom the goddesses lent. In the mountain of death, the beast drew its last breath, The Hero's golden power would be its lament.

It does have much potential.

I am quite jealous over your set of horns...lucky man...I am currently looking for a decent set of horns myself.

"In my dreams I found a little of the beauty I had vainly sought in life, and wandered through old gardens and enchanted woods"

Lovecraft

They pull off the skull, so i might cast some aluminium copies up.... hmm possibilities

Or send them to me...I could and would offer a loving home  tongue

"In my dreams I found a little of the beauty I had vainly sought in life, and wandered through old gardens and enchanted woods"

Lovecraft

Thing people forget about the four horsemen is that the first one is not named. They split Plague and Famine (which are described as the same horseman). And most importantly, and I do not know of anyone that uses the four horsemen in fiction or art that gets this correct... "and Hades followed after.". Why do they forget Hades?

Not going to lie, when I first learned about the whole 4 horseman thing, I had no idea it was from the Bible. I think a lot of the differences come from where someone learned about the whole thing from. There are a couple fiction books out there that deal with it, as well as at least one Holy Book, they all say something different.

Let's face it, everything in the bible was stolen from elsewhere...isnt hades greek god of the underworld? What's so biblical about that?

Let's get back to the focus at hand lol...most people are familiar with four horsemen, and the idea for your post apoc version looks good to me!

Lovecraft

Wolf man, the Book of Revelations was written in Greek. Most of the books were written in various languages (New Testament in particular). Thus the closest term for hell is Hades.

Last edited by Fred (2012-06-28 07:32:57)

I was looking for a cool passage and or pic of the horsemen and found this and was quickly distracted, because it has a style of fine detail pop art that I really like...hopefully you all appreciate it the same

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8144/7457924110_84f7747127.jpg
cavaleiros-do-apocalipse-2 by rgiugliano, on Flickr

Last edited by Atomic Ray (2012-06-27 18:06:27)

Lovecraft